Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Setting Up Differential Equations

Essentially a differential equation can be written from the information provided. All of the examples in section 10.1 were from verbal description. The most difficult part was the logistic model, because I personally have difficulty imaging a graph from a verbal description, for example when dP/dt =kP(L-P) the graph showed delta p small's Im not sure how that was known to satisfy the curve.

My favorite example was about the dug in the body, I like bio-pharmaceutical problems, they are easier to visualize... much more favorable than economics problems... I know its a personally preference, but hey if it helps the math skills all the better. Also, since I work in a pharmacy it was funny to actually recognize the drug used in the example, Vancomycin.

No comments: